Reducing our effect on the environment
Walkers Transport Limited considers the Environmental Aspects and Welfare of its employees to be of prime importance to the company, essential to the operation of its undertaking and a management responsibility of equal importance to other aspects of the business e.g. service and quality. As a result, the company is committed to achieving the highest standards of Environmental Compliance & Awareness for all Interested Parties.
Walkers Transport Limited is committed to the following Environmental Policy statement:
- We will use our legal register and ongoing site compliance audits to monitor any potential environmental impacts of Walkers operations and determine what legislative requirements may be applicable.
- Document, maintain and implement systems for controlling adverse environmental impact.
- Monitor and measure Walkers environmental performance including periodic reviews and procedures for rectifying deficiencies.
- Continually develop and monitor strategic objectives and targets for reducing or eliminating adverse environmental impact and promoting environmental improvements.
- Provide sufficient resource to reasonably minimise any potential adverse impact of the Walkers Transport operations on the environment.
- Communicate to its employees the importance of operating Walkers facilities in a manner consistent with healthy global environment.
- Maintain an effective channel for employees to communicate to management regarding the environmental impact of Walkers operations.
- Train employees as necessary to accomplish the goals of the Walkers Environmental Policy.
- Continuously improve environmental systems and pollution prevention. Each department, its Managers and Employees are responsible for compliance with this policy and with all applicable laws and legislation.
Each department, its Managers and Employees are responsible for compliance with this policy and with all applicable laws and legislation.
This Environment Policy Statement shall be displayed on all notice boards within the Company.